Seguin is committed to integrate, enrich, and empower people with disabilities and other special needs, so they can be productive, valued members of society.
News and Events
- The Links - Disabilities - Small, but growing list.
- ABLEDATA - Huge! Assistive technology and disability related resources
- Americans with Disabilities Document Center
- Indie - Integrated Network of Disability Information and Education
- Developmental Disabilities Resources - Well organized index of disability resources
- Online Resource for Students Seeking Disability Information and Opportunities
- NPO-NET Main Web Page - Help for non-profits
- RADAR - Research and reporting on critical developmental disability issues by AAMR & Lewin Group
- Tech Soup - The technology place for not-for-profits
- BraveHearts Therapeutic Riding & Educational Center
- The Wellness Pros
- Personal Trainer Network
An exhaustive clearinghouse for all information related to special needs and disabilities. It acts as a bridge between families that are looking for resources and professionals/organizations that offer programs and services to the disability community. It's the perfect place for the newly diagnosed family as well as for seasoned special needs parents and individuals. Sign up for email updates.
Source for materials to assist youth with challenges learn life skills to prepare them to live as independently as possible.
Includes many resources including free training modules and research to help individuals heal from trauma
Information about healthy living, including sections designed for children and youth that is written in easy to understand language regarding hygiene, personal healthcare, etc.
Organization that helps persons with disabilities access their community and learn to advocate for themselves. Will help individuals finding housing and personal assistants also.
Summer camp, through the Jewish Council for Youth Services, in the Northwest Suburbs specifically for children and adults with developmental and physical disabilities, Includes scheduling respite weekends throughout the year.
Provides a functional vocationally-based day training program for adults(16 years old and above) who have experienced brain injury or stroke.
Assists young adults tranisitioning from high school to adult services and/or independence. REMEMBER: Seguin has a Building Bridges to the Future Program that assists these students also.
A resource for news and support for families impacted by disabilities.
Provides support and resources for families caring for family member with special needs.
Lists all the special recreation associations in the state of Illinois.